1. Who are we?
Virtually Human Studio Pty Ltd (ABN 90 636 113 409) (‘VHS’) owns and operates the website at https://www.vhslab.com (“Website”).
We respect your privacy and share your concern about the security of data you may submit to our platform.
By providing us with your email address, you agree to us contacting you by email.
3. What is personal information?
Personal information means information or an opinion about an identified individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, whether the information or opinion is true or not and whether the information or opinion is recorded in material form or not.
5. Collection of information
We try to only collect personal information which is reasonably necessary for, or directly related to, the particular function or activity we are carrying out. In addition to our requirements for business operation.
The main way we collect personal information about you is when you give it to us, usually by webform, email, and telephone.
- Using our services, or buying or selling:
Information you provide when you communicate with us, or information you provide including transaction information and payment information, which may include cryptocurrency wallet addresses, and details of transactions for the purposes of interacting with VHS.
- When you contact us:
This includes information gathered through webforms, email, or other means of communication between you and us, and where relevant between you and the other party to a transaction.
- Using your account:
This can include items you have purchased (as a buyer) or sold (as a seller), search history, communications, and other information which you may give us to help with identifying which NFTs and related products and services you may be interested in.
- Browsing our platform:
We may collect information from your browser, and device, including IP address, geographical location, search terms, device description, device operating system, browsing times and dates, user ID, location information, page view statistics, website traffic information, referral url, web log information.
- Direct Marketing:
We may use the personal information we collect for direct marketing. This includes receiving emails and sms messages from us. We may also include push messaging, and other communication, using a VHS app. If you receive marketing communications from us and would like to opt out, you can do so by following the directions in that communication. Alternatively, you can request that we withdraw consent to use your personal data by submitting an email to us with your request. Please note that we may not be able to continue to provide our services to you if you opt out of direct marketing. Please note that these choices do not apply to mandatory communications that are part of VHS, or to surveys or other informational communications that have their own unsubscribe method.
We collect data using commonplace and industry standard means such as Facebook pixels and Google pixels. We may also collect information using cookies and similar technologies, relevant to viewed pages, followed links, and other browsing behaviour. You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. Most internet browsers also enable you to choose whether you wish to disable all cookies or only third party Cookies. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser or the documentation that came with your device. You can choose to delete Cookies on your computer or device at any time, however, you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, login and personalisation settings. It is recommended that you keep your internet browser and operating system up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser and manufacturer of your computer or device if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
Our web pages may contain electronic images known as web beacons (also called single-pixel gifs) that we use to help deliver cookies on our websites, and to count users who have visited those websites. We may also include web beacons in our promotional email messages or newsletters, to determine whether and when you open and act on them.
In addition to placing web beacons on our own websites, we sometimes work with other companies to place our web beacons on their websites or in their advertisements. This helps us to develop statistics on how often clicking on an advertisement on an VHS website results in a purchase or other action on the advertiser's website.
VHS may contain web beacons or similar technologies from third-party analytics providers that help us compile aggregated statistics about the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns or other operations. These technologies enable the analytics providers to set or read their own cookies or other identifiers on your device, through which they can collect information about your online activities across applications, websites or other products.
- Other sources:
We may get information from 3rd parties, including any relevant blockchain, publicly available information, information from other users, information related to transactions and delivery of goods and services, and demographic information which is lawfully available to us.
We collect personal information which is reasonably necessary for the functions or activities of our business. We will only collect information by lawful and fair means and not in an unreasonably intrusive way.
6. Anonymity and pseudonymity
Where possible, and if you so choose, we will interact with you anonymously. However, if we do not have relevant personal information, we may not be able to provide our services to you.
7. Third Parties
If you provide your personal information to any third party within VHS, you do so at your own risk, and VHS is not responsible for any misuse of that information. Please make sure you understand who you are providing information to, and the circumstances.
8. What we use, retain and disclose
- Our use of your personal information will always have a lawful basis, either because you have consented to our use of your personal information or because it is reasonably necessary to provide our services and undertake our activities.
- We use your personal information for the following purposes: to provide VHS to you, to improve VHS, for essential business operations, to monitor and improve VHS, for research, to provide technical and customer support services to you, to improve our services, to interact with you in VHS, to provide a personalised service, including using our services, using our platform interface; correspondence with you or as directed by you, or on your behalf; carrying out advertising, marketing and educative training or promotional activities; to facilitate marketing from third parties; to detect and investigate fraud and other unlawful activities; to contact you; to improve our services; to provide technical and customer services; to provide feedback to you; to provide subscription services which you have consented to receiving including emails and newsletters; carrying out competitions; improving our services; helping you identify products or services which may be appropriate for you; referring you to product and service providers; in connection with a corporate transaction such as a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy; where we provide personalised services, we may analyse the information you supply, as well as your activity on our (and other) services, so that we can offer a more relevant, tailored experience and where appropriate we provide your personal information to third parties for purposes related to providing our services, including for regulatory requirements, processing transactions and identification.
- We may also use your information to provide you with offers including contests and promotions, location based services, and to directly contact you using email, sms, telephone and postal mail for purposes including customer service and related matters which includes technical issues, disputes, general assistance, managing transactions and surveys. We may also use personal information to enforce agreements.
- We may use information which we hold about you to show you relevant advertising on third-party sites (e.g. Facebook, Google). This could involve showing you an advertising message where we know you have a VHS account and have used VHS services. If you don’t want to be shown targeted advertising messages from VHS, some third party sites allow you to request not to see messages from specific advertisers on that site in future.
- We store personal information for as long as we require it for our business purposes and legal compliance. We store personal information for purposes including to stop criminal activity, to resolve disputes, to deal with technical problems, enforce our agreements, and for other lawful purposes. We have security measures in place to protect your personal information.
- Your personal information may be shared with third parties and other companies in the VHS group for purposes including in order to provide services to you, to identify you, to enable us to undertake marketing and advertising related activities, for research purposes, to detect or investigate unlawful activities, to meet our legal and compliance policy requirements, and for transaction processing.
- We may transfer your personal information to overseas recipients, including other businesses in our group, which may result in your personal data being transferred between, and stored on, servers in Europe, Australia and other countries.
- We may also access, hold and use aggregated information about the people that use our services. Aggregated information won’t identify you or any other individual but simply provides us with non-personally identifiable data that we’ll use to improve our services, understand our users’ needs and develop tailored content. We may disclose this aggregate information to third parties for purposes including research and publishing statistics related to our business. Although you would have provided us with the information we aggregate for these purposes, it won’t identify you or enable you to be personally identified.
- We may disclose your personal data as part of a corporate transaction such as a corporate sale or acquisition, merger, reorganisation, dissolution, or similar event. We will access, transfer, disclose, and/or preserve personal data, when we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary to:
- comply with applicable law or respond to valid legal process, judicial orders, or subpoenas;
- respond to requests from public or governmental authorities, including for national security or law enforcement purposes;
- protect the vital interests of our users, customers, or other third parties (including, for example, to prevent spam or attempts to defraud users of our -products, or to help prevent the loss of life or serious injury of anyone);
- operate and maintain the security or integrity of VHS, including to prevent or stop an attack on our computer systems or networks;
- protect the rights, interests or property of VHS or third parties;
- prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the VHS; or enforce our terms and conditions.
- If we do not need your personal information for any or the purposes set out in this policy, or as required by law, we will take reasonable steps to de-identify or destroy the information.
- By using our services, you consent to us collecting, holding and using your personal information in this way.
- Your information is protected by security measures, including data encryption, access controls including physical controls and information access controls, firewalls.
- However, no transmission of data over the internet is guaranteed to be completely secure. It may be possible for third parties not under our control to intercept or access transmissions or private communications unlawfully. While we strive to protect personal information, neither VHS nor our service providers can ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us over the internet. Any such transmission is at your own risk. You are responsible for maintaining your account access information, and your cryptocurrency wallet access information and seed, securely.
- If you believe your account has been compromised, please contact customer services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. Accessing and correcting your personal information
- We aim to ensure personal information is accurate, up-to-date and complete. Please ensure that you provide us with accurate information.
- You have the right to ask for access to personal information that we hold about you, and ask that we correct that personal information and we must respond within 30 days. Following your access request, we must give you access to your personal information and we must take steps to correct it if we consider it is incorrect, unless we are prevented from doing so under a relevant law.
- We will require you to verify your identity before we give you access to your information or correct it. If we refuse to give you access, or correct it, we must notify you in writing of the reasons. If we have disclosed your information to a third party, and it has since been corrected, you can request us to tell them about the correction. If we refuse to correct the information, you can request that we associate it with a statement that you believe the information is incorrect and why.
- You can delete your personal data on your account’s user dashboard. Please be aware that we require certain information about you in order to make VHS available to you; this means that if you want to delete any of these critical pieces of personal data, you may be required to delete your entire profile and no longer be able to access or play VHS. Alternatively, you may request that VHS delete your personal data by submitting an email to us at info@VHSgame.com. We will verify your identity and your ability to access that email, then. delete the personal data associated with your account. We will use reasonable efforts to respond to your request within 14 days, but in all events within 30 days of our receipt of the request.
11. How to make a complaint
- If you decide to make a complaint to us about how your personal information has been handled, you should write to us by email or post setting out the circumstances of your complaint, and how you wish for it to be resolved.
- Following receipt of your complaint, we will consider your complaint, and decide what action to take. If we decide that the complaint should be investigated, it will be handled by a more senior person than the person who the complaint is about. We will respond to you within 30 days.
How to contact us
- If you want to arrange access to your information or have questions about privacy or the use of this site, please email email@example.com.
Date of last update: May, 2022.